English Name:- Barbados Aloe.
Botanical Name:- Aloe barbadensis.
Parts- Used:- Whole plant, dried juice and pulp of Leaves.
Habit:- A small herb with stolon, fleshy and radical leaves, flowers pinkish red on long scape.
Chemical Constituents:- Leaves Contain: Carbohydrates, Tannins, Proteins, Chromones ( Abesin and Aloesone), Malic acid, Citric acid, Tartaric acid, Jelly from, Leaves Contain: Acetylated glucomannans, Iron, Calcium, Potassium and Magnesium.
Actions:- Purgative, Carminative, Digestive, Tonic, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic.
Used In:- The pulp is used to cure: Piles, Rectalfissures, Cough, Cold, Rheumatism, Constipation Fevers, Colic, Menstural disorder, It is also stomachic, Anthelmintic, Hepatoprotective, Uterus Stimulant, Hypotensive.
• Being rich in proteins and fatty acid it reduces allergies, cleanses digestive track and improves digestion.
• It rids the body of intestinal worms.
• It eliminates toxins from the body.
• It being alkaline reduces acidity.
• It lowers cholesterol, makes blood less sticky and saves heart strokes and other risk.
• It fights diabetes increases immunity and fights cancer, AIDS and prevents fever.
• It is a well known skin healer and heals sunburns, abrasions and bug bites.
• It helps in the relief of pain of wounds, arthritis and rheumatism.
• It reduces joint pain and helps improves joint flexibility.
• It speeds up hair growth by messaging it on the scalp.
• It moisturizes and rejuvenates skin and increases its elasticity, softens and soothes it.
• It is called, “Plant of Immunity” and “Wand of Heaven”.
• It is amazing and miraculous.
• It is rich in vitamin A, B,C,E B2 AND B3 ,folic acid and minerals like Zinc Magnesium Ferrous, Copper, Potassium and Manganese. So it is a good nutrient.
Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs provided on the site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been made for accuracy but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of this herb have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health concern you should consult with your health care practitioner before self administering this herb.