English Name:- Camphor plant
Botanical Name:- Cinnamomum camphora.
Parts- Used:- Stem, Leaves and Extract.
Habit:- white. Medium sized ever green hand some tree about 20–25 high flowers small
yellowish or creamish
Chemical Constituents:- Stem and leaves contains: Essential oils, (Stearoptens),
Sesquiterpenes, Campherenone, Campherenol, Laurolistine, rericulein, Palmiton and
Actions:- Anti fungal, Anti bacterial, Cooling, CARMINATIVE, Stomachic, Antipyretic,
Used In:- Cold, Cough, Pulmonary inflammation, Carbuncles, Headache, Disuria, Throat
disorder, Dental disorder CNS depressant, Anti spasmolytic, Anthel mintic, Hypotensive.
• Facilitates digestion and blood circulation.
• Relieves gas trouble.
• Helps cure inflammation.
• Provides relief from spasms & cramps.
• Relieves congestion of nasal tract and lungs.
• Excellent disinfectant, insecticide & germicide.
• Reduces severity of nervous disorders.
• Aids in treating food poisoning, vomiting & insect bites.
• Boosts libido.
• Helps cure erectile problems.
• Effective local anaesthesia.
• Beneficial in treating epilepsy, hysteria, measles and flu.
It may prove toxic for human beings.
Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs provided on the site is for
educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been
made for accuracy but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of this
herb have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health concern you
should consult with your health care practitioner before self administering this herb.
- See more at: http://www.deewal.com/Cinnamomun_Camphora.aspx#sthash.1eN5Ladd.dpuf