English Name:- Almond.
Botanical Name:- Prunus amygdalus Batsch.
Parts- Used:- Seeds.
Habit:- A medium sized tree; Leaves in clusters at the end of branches, linear and undulate. Flowers white with red spots. Seeds flat and ovate.
Chemical Constituents:- Sweet Almond Contains Oil. Bitter Almond Contains a poisonous element-Hydrochloric acid, it is found in volatile oil of almond.
Actions:- Almond sweet. Oily. Tonic, Carminative, Anti-billious, Nervine Tonic, Stimulant, Kapha-Pittakar; Unripen fruits are oily. Ripen fruits are- Oily, Carminative, Spermopoietic, Kapha-karak. Anti-Scorbutic. Seed-sweet, Oily, Nutritive, Carminative, Anti-billious.
Used In:- Respiratory trouble, Diabetes, Urinogenital System, Leucorrhoea, Lumbago.
Main Usages Of Almonds
- They reduce heart attacks risks.
- They lower bad cholesterol.
- They protect artery wall from damage.
- They help build strong bones and teeth because of the presence of phosphorous.
- They provide healthy fat and increase weight.
- They lower the rise in blood sugar.
- They help provide good brain functions. They are best for brain health.
- They nourish the nervous system and increase intellectual level and longevity.
- They alkalize the body and help improve immune functions.
- They prevent constipation.
- They improve skin health and complexion.
- They protect against diabetes and colon cancer.
- They are good during pregnancy and boosts energy.
- They maintain healthy and shining hair.
- They remove respiratory disorder and impotency.
Almond Oil, Almond Milk.Disclaimer
Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs provided on the site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been made for accuracy but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of this herb have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health concern you should consult with your health care practitioner before self administering this herb.