English Name:- Coriander
Botanical Name:- Coriandrum sativum
Parts- Used:- Fruits, Leaves & Whole Plant.
Habit:- A small annual strong smelling aromatic herb, Flowers white in umbels.
Taste:- Bitter aromatic.
Chemical Constituents:Fruits Contains:- Fixed oil, Flavonoids, Glyosides,
proteinsAmini acids, Reducing sugars, Resin, Saponin, Volatile oils (Coriandrol)
Steroids, Triterpenes. Salts of sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium and Iron.
Actions:- Carminative, Diuretic, Refrigerent, Digestive, Anti pyretic, Astringent, Anti-
Used In:- Flatulance, Abdominal weakness, Diarrhoea due to indigestion, Eye infections,
Fever inflammation, Vomiting, Colicpain, Asthma, Cough, Allays thirst, Anthelmintic,
Brain and heart tonic; Paste of fruits checks bleeding from wounds.
• It is one of the richest sources of Vitamin K, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. They play a
strong role in bone mass building.
• It has a major role in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease by limiting the neuronal
damage in the brain.
• It increases appetite, cures persistent movements and provides a good flavor to dishes.
• It is anti bacterial and helps against bacterial infections.
• It also helps to protect againsturinary tract infections.
• It helps reduce the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
• It relieves the women from menstrual pain and helps reduce menstrual cramps.
• It also gives relieves from diarrhea especially caused by fungal infection.
• It helps alcoholics to repair their failed liver due to heavy alcohol consumption.
• Its leaves are highly anti oxidants and a best remedy to wash out toxins from the body
and helps repair tissue damage in the lungs.
• It helps diabetic patients to maintain healthy level of insulin and lowers blood sugar.
• It helps ease conjunctivitis, eye ageing, macular degeneration and other stresses of eyes.
• Its leaves help reduce LDL and increase HDL in the blood.
• Its leaves are cleansing agents and clean heavy metals and toxic agents from the body.
• It contains minerals like calcium, potassium, iron etc. essential for good health.
• It is rich in folic acid, riboflavin and niacin those are essentials for good health.
• Pregnant women should consult their doctor before consuming it.
Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs provided on the site is for
educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been
made for accuracy but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of this
herb have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health concern you
should consult with your health care practitioner before self administering this herb.