English Name:- Shallow wort.
Botanical Name:- Calotropis procera.
Parts Used:- Roots, Leaves, Flowers and Latex.
shrub, young parts clothed with white cottony is hairs, flowers is umbel cymes
& Latex (Milky).
Chemical Constituents:- Plant contains:- Cardiac Steroid glycoside- Terpenoids, Resin,
glycosides, Carbohydrates, Aluminum, Iron, Magnesium, Sodium.
Analgesic, Resolvent, Anti-inflammatory, Emetic, Expectorant, Stomachic,
diseases:- Leucoderma, Eczema, Ulcer, Piles, Spleenomegaly, Dropsy, Anthelimintic:
Fresh leaves in: Rheamatiod Arthrirtis, Inflammation; Dried & Yellow
leaves. Useful in cough and Ashtma.
• For treating poisonous snake bites its
few leaves are chewed and the juice of its roots is applied over the bitten
• For curing fevers the juice of its leaves
mixed with equal quantity of honey is taken and the body temperature comes down
immediately. This solution kills worms in the intestine.
• The powder of its dried leaves when
applied externally heals stomach ulcers.
• Its latex cures rat biting when applied
over the infected area and cures rheumatic disorders.
• Its latex cures all dental related
• Its white madar is highly purgative. It
cleans the stomach of all the unwanted waste contained in it and cures other
• Its latex is applied over the effected
area to cure the nerve disorder.
• Its flowers are highly beneficial in
• It increases blood circulation and energy
levels. It keeps the mind calm and provides youthful feeling.
• Its leaves when inserted into the cervix
cause labour pains and induce abortion.
• The oil extracted from this herb is used
to treat skin problems like Ringworm and Eczema and other skin related problems
such as: itching and psoriasis.
• It is highly beneficial in curing
enlarged spleen and lever.
Information on the traditional uses and
properties of herbs provided on the site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been made
for accuracy but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of
this herb have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health
concern you should consult with your health care practitioner before self
administering this herb.