English Name:- Bacopa
Botanical Name:- Bacopa monieri
Parts- Used:- Whole palnt
Habit:- A small succulent herb creeping, rooting at nodes, aquatic with purple blueflowers.
Chemical Constituents:- Plant Contains: Alksloids- Brahmine and Herpestine;Bacoside-A and B (Saponins), Betulic acid, Hersaponin, Nicotine, Becogenin-A, Potassium, Sodium, Calcium, iron, Mucilage, Oleic acid and Palmitic acid.
Actions:- Tonic, Anti-inflammatory, blood purifier, Diuretic, Laxative.
Used In:- Dyspepsia, Cough, Fever, insomnia, Epilepsy, debility after heart attack,Hoarsness of voice, Less memory, Tension, Blood purifier.
• This herb is one of the best and all round tonic available for brain health.
• This herb has an age old reputation for being an effective and powerful for memory and combating stress.
• It supports brain and reduces age related brain degradation.
• The active compound present in this herb and known as bacosides positively influences brain cells and regenerates the brain tissues.
• It promotes liver health, encourages liver functions following toxin damage.
• Extract of this herb is effective for protecting new born infants against hypoglycemia-induced brain damage.
• The intake of opioids like morphin and oxycodone for pain management makes the patients addictive. It reduces their dependence and protects organs affected by toxicity.
• This herb fights systematic redness and swellings in the body caused by any illness.
• Promoting normal blood pressure is one of its most well known uses.
• It provides protection against oxidative damage caused by free radicals and protects liver and kidneys.
• It removes sleeplessness, cures cough, fever, insomnia, epilepsy and debility after heart attack.
A word of caution
• Brahmi may absorb contaminants like arsenic if grown in or around contaminated areas so it is advised to purchase only organic or wild crafted Brahmi.
• Always buy fresh Brahmi as it is more potent in its healthy compound.
Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs provided on the site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been made for accuracy but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of this herb have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health concern you should consult with your health care practitioner before self administering this herb.